Monday, November 18, 2013

interesting portraits

Toledo Firefighters pose for a portrait during training. (PHO 245 Yusta kyusa)
    As I am getting close to the end of the semester, I am beginning to get a lot more challenging assignments. Through out my college experience I never thought i could have a class that would really take me out of my comfort zone.
    For this week we had a portrait assignment. According to the class course materials i have learned portraits are memories that involve people in a certain environment.
    A portrait picture can either be posed or candid. For a posed picture you need to let a person or a group of people pose, let them be natural and don't settle for one shot. While taking a candid portrait picture you need to be patient and wait for an interesting moment.
 
In this assignment i was also required to shoot head shots, I learned while shooting head  shots i was supposed to avoid destructing backgrounds, subject should be at an angle,  and to be very careful with the amount of light.
Commander Gayle Lohrbach an Instructor at Owens Community College Police department. (PHO245 YutsaKyusa)
      In this assignment I chose to cover my beet which is criminal justice. I thank Commander Gayle Lohrbach and Commander Mike Wiederman  for helping me be comfortable and take pictures of his class, though sometimes it felt awkward because no one smiled. I had great experience though very challenging, and i will be happy to do this assignment if i am required.

No comments:

Post a Comment