Monday, December 9, 2013

Our team photo project at Wood Lane Industries

Linda, left, plays a board game with one of the facility workers. (PHO245 photos by Yusta Kyusa)
Bill St.Clair sorts out hangers.
    As we come to the end of the semester,  I and my fellow classmates were required to do a team project at Wood Lane Industries.
    We met at Wood Lane Industries with our instructor, where we were introduced to Linda Brownell, the co-coordinator of Wood Lane Residence Services. Brownell  explained what Wood Lane residential services was about.
   They had individual homes and group homes that helped taking care of the elderly and the mentally challenged. Some of them stayed home and some worked. As a group we decided to split up and visit different areas.
    I visited the place where they worked, which is the Wood Lane Industries. The moment I got there I was amazed how serious they were with their work. Most of them looked very passionate while they worked. Some of them have been working there for over 20 and plus years.
    Technically, I never had any problems while taking the pictures, I wasn't  the best  with the settings on my camera because sometimes I found myself being way over exposed and sometimes out of focus, but I was comfortable enough to take as many shots as I could.
    I am glad to share with you through photography the beautiful experience I had at Wood Lane Industries.
             David Schult has assembled spray can parts for 27 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment